If you’ve got a kid who loves to beat up your household items and electronics like a drum, you might want to save your belongings and grab the Gammon 5-Piece Junior Starter Drum Set. If you are in the market for a low priced drum set to get your 4year old started on a drumming career, then this is a great choice for you. It is the ideal introductory drum set for a child as it will stay relevant for years. Your little one will not be able to resist banging the drums constantly and you just have to learn to deal with the noise that will fill your home.
Gammon is dedicated to making drumming fun and exciting for beginners and experts alike. With a passion for all things percussion, you can never go wrong with a set stamped by Gammon. You are guaranteed of a decent kit with a fair price tag when there’s a Gammon logo on it.
A couple of factors to consider before picking up a drum set for your child are:
- Your child’s age
- The number of drums in the set
- The height of the drum
- The weight of the drum sticks.
The Gammon 5-Piece Junior Starter Drum Set comes with everything you will need to get right on to drumming in the box. It is also designed like an adult drum so your child does not find transitioning to the real deal uncomfortable.
Features of the Gammon 5-Piece Junior Starter Drum Set:
- All in one kit
- Gammon is serious about your child’s drumming career and has put together all that your kid will need to start to drum. This drum set is a gift that keeps giving and your young ones can get right to thumping without the need for anything else. The package weighs 46.5 pounds and has a dimension of 24.2 x 19.7 x 19.4 inches. Items included in the package are:
- A 16″ Bass Drum
- A bass drum pedal
- Two Tom Drums
- A Snare Drum
- A Snare Stand
- Hi-Hat Stand
- Ride /crash stand
- Hi-hat cymbals
- Ride/ crash Cymbals
- A Drum throne
- A Drum Key
- Drum Sticks
All you have to do is open the box, set up the kit and watch your child go wild on it.
Durable Production Materials
This drum set is made from durable real wood. Each piece in this set is carefully crafted with experience and expertise so it can withstand the reckless beating that is surely ahead of it. Also, the stand is made from steel so you are sure this piece will last a long time. Despite the wood construction material, the drums are surprisingly lightweight. This is vital as there is a chance a drum could fall on a child. This will reduce the aftermath of an accident if it ever occurs.
Its hard production material does not stand in the way of this drum looking exquisite. It has a high gloss finish and comes in black, red, blue and pink colors. The colors are so beautiful that they do to your child what light does to a moth.
When you buy a budget piece of instrument, you should know that it would not sound like the professional or high-end piece. With this in mind, you will be looking out for a drum set that is the closest in sound to industry standards. We’re not trying to knock this down, the kit produces a decent sound, much better than you will get from competitors.
For starters, the kick base sounds damp, like a really big Tom. But this is not the end of it, with a cushion pillow you can get it to sound deeper and have more attack. The Toms sound great for the price. The snare has a decent snap and Toms carry a punch.
The hi-hat and cymbal always seem to be the major setback of all budget drum kits. The hi-hat sounds a little deep, deeper than you’d like. In Gammon’s defence, drum companies do not produce cymbals and therefore cannot determine the quality. If they went for better cymbals the kit will be less affordable. It’s better to get a decent cymbal and hi-hat after you have used the accompanying pair for some time.
Rather than bringing home a large box, the Gammon 5-Piece Junior Drum Set has smaller versions of the standard drum. The size means it can be moved around easily even by your kids. The drum is packed into a brown box carefully to maximize space and keep the package reasonably sized.
Easy to Assemble
The package comes with clear and simple instructions on how to set it up. With a screwdriver and standard set up procedures, you can mount the kit and open a world of happiness to your kids. If you miss a point, there are videos available online to teach you how to set and tune the drum to the desired setting.
Gammon 5-Piece Junior Starter Drum Set Overview:
Pros of Gammon 5-Piece Junior Starter Drum Set:
- The price of this piece is a big reason you should get it. It comes at less than $300 and has a good sound. It is also made from high-quality materials to ensure its durability and longevity. When you purchase this item, it will be with you for a long time. Similarly, when your kid knocks it hard in a way kids do, you can pick each piece up and set it up on the mount again. Besides, the price means you won’t be losing much if your child quits halfway.
- It is a great gift idea for kids. The color choices mean you can find one your child will love and be all over in no time. It could be the best gift you give and be appreciated for. It can give you a feeling money can’t buy.
- The snare comes assembled out of the box saving you time and energy you would otherwise have spent putting up the set.
- The drum key keeps your settings and preferences locked. You can get an expert to tune the drums to the desired settings and keep it that way.
- The production material is great for use by kids. It can withstand the hard thumps and constant use that will come for it the moment the box is opened.
- The hi-hat stand has an adjustable knob on the bottom. You will find this helpful in adjusting the hi-hat and tweaking the sound.
- The throne is adjustable. This means you can get the kit when your kid is much younger and the seat will still fit right.
Cons Gammon 5-Piece Junior Starter Drum Set:
- The foot pedal slides off. It is flimsy and cheap and has an uncomfortable mechanical noise about it. If the pedal was built sturdier, it would have been perfect. But it is attached only to a small hook which causes the pedal to fall off the beater easily.
- The drum heads could be better. They are a drag when compared to the shells. However, if they are replaced they sound much better.
- The hi-hat is a somewhat deep low pitch. Also, there is a weird noise that comes from the inside of the hi-hat when you step on it. You might get frustrated trying to tune it to get the sound out so just let it be. It’s pretty unrecognizable if you’re a novice to drums unless you put a high-quality microphone in front of it.
- The cymbals are always the worst things about a cheap drum kit and the issues are replicated with this set. The ride/crash cymbal needs to be hit pretty hard, it would feel like you’re being abusive, to get it to sound almost right. Your kid will hit it hard anyway but it is better to get a good cymbal and improve your listening experience.
- It is a kid’s drum. This means it is created to fit children and not adults. If you love to drum, you may have to get another one for yourself. Having 2 drum sets in your house will take up a lot of space and double the noise if you both practice at the same time.
The Gammon 5-Piece Junior Starter Drum Set is proof that you don’t need to empty your wallet to sound good. This kit is highly rated among parents because it is a one-time investment. The parts are durable and can be picked up and put back together whenever your child knocks them down. The parts are also readily available and replaceable. This could be an exceptional item you purchase for your child and the biggest noise machine you gift yourself.